Our Beginnings

In 1888 there were two furniture and undertaking firms established. One of the firms, Armstrong and Beall, was located in the Northwest corner of the square. The other firm, Askew and Bradley was located in the older of the two Bradley buildings.

In 1891 Askew and Bradley was bought by Mr. S.C. Kytle. He changed the name to Bradley Furniture & Undertaking Company. Around the same time, Armstrong and Beall was bought by Carrollton Furniture and Undertaking Company. This new firm was owned by Mr. L. C. Mandeville, Mr. N.A. Horton, and others. In the latter part of 1910, The Carrollton Furniture and Company had a liquidation sale. At this time Mr. Kytle bought the remainder of the stock and fixtures and moved to the location on the square. He later sold his interest to his son-in-law, Mr. T.J. Aycock.

In 1919 the firm name was the changed to Kytle & Aycock. The furniture department was liquidated in 1940 and Aycock Funeral Home was opened on Newnan Street.

Since our humble beginnings, Almon Funeral Home has been dedicated to serving the Carrollton community. Contact us today so we may learn how we can help you.



Almon History

In 1928, Henry Almon (Chick Almon's father) owned and operated Martin & Almon Funeral Home with his brother-in-law, Cliff Martin, and nephew, Stewart Martin. Martin & Almon Funeral Home was located on the southwest corner of the square.



Almon Funeral Home Established

Having been reared in the funeral business, Chick Almon never considered another vocation while working with his father, uncle, and cousin. In 1937, Chick Almon received formal training for his chosen profession at Gupton-Jones College of Mortuary Science in Nashville, Tennessee. While Chick served in the armed forces from 1941 until 1946, Mr. Henry Almon died. After returning to Carrollton in 1946, Mr. Almon continued working with his relatives before buying Kytle & Aycock Funeral Home from Mr. Aycock in 1950 and started Almon Funeral Home.



Almon Funeral Home Today

For over fifty years Chick Almon and his wife, Virginia Colquitt Almon, served the West Georgia Community. In 1976, their youngest son, William Charles Almon, began working full time in the family business. Today, Charlie oversees Almon Funeral Home with the same concern and devotion to service that has been a hallmark of the Almon family for three generations.



OGR Membership

Almon Funeral Home was named a "Golden Rule Funeral Home" in 1958. We were selected by our peers and colleagues because we had demonstrated that our business practices and professional ethics were sound. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

A Golden Rule Funeral home pledges to offer fair and reasonable prices for dignified, caring service to meet the needs of every family member who calls on us to help. Almon Funeral Home will help each family to prepare a service that will help begin the healing process known as mourning. The service will allow family and friends to gather during a time of bereavement for support and guidance and to pay tribute to the life that has been lived.

Understanding the importance of funeral service, the Almon Funeral Home staff listens and responds to the family's requests and assists in arranging meaningful service. It is a policy of Almon Funeral Home to offer every family the Golden Rule Service Guarantee. It is only one of the ways Almon Funeral Home honors our commitment to families during a time of loss.

In addition to the International Order of the Golden Rule, Almon Funeral Home is also a member of the National Funeral Directors Association and the Georgia Funeral Directors Association.
           



In Memory

Charles Henry "Chick" Almon
January 22, 1915 - February 12, 2000

Evelyn Virginia Colquitt Almon
September 29, 1917 - April 21, 2000

Ray A. Adams
July 1, 1938 - October 16, 2009

Edward "Buddy" Pope
August 21, 1935 - February 15, 2011





Almon Funeral Home and Chapel
548 Newnan Street
Carrollton, GA 30117
770-832-7056